Georgia Climate Surveys
We value parent, student and employee input; therefore, our schools participate in the Georgia Department of Education’s annual school climate surveys and climate star ratings.
The results will go into our district's School Climate Star Ratings, which are part of each school's annual College and Career Ready Performance Index. All public schools in Georgia conduct a Student Health Survey, Parent Survey, and a School Personnel Survey as part of the school climate survey process.
The Georgia Department of Education will not make the surveys’ raw data results public, but a school’s College and Career Ready Performance Index scores, including its School Climate Star Rating are made public annually. Current star ratings and scores for our schools are published annually in the school district’s Annual Reports, available online or in print form at the Central Office.
Georgia Parent Survey
The Georgia Parent Survey is 24 questions. Parents may use their personal computers, smartphones or iPads to complete the survey. Parents that do not have access to the Internet, may contact the school to schedule a time to complete the survey at the school.
Georgia Student Health Survey II
There are three versions of the Georgia Student Health Survey: (1) third - fifth grades; (2) sixth – eighth grades; and (3) ninth - twelfth grades. These are brief, 15 minute surveys. Please encourage students to take the questions seriously and answer truthfully. The results are used to guide each school's School Climate Initiatives, provide direction for health curriculum, provide goals for drug prevention education, and more.
- Review the student questions & last year's results
- Parents can opt their child out of this survey by completing a Passive Permission/Opt Out Form for their child's grade level. Access the appropriate forms).
- Participation is voluntary; however, each school must obtain 75 percent student participation to receive a Climate Star Rating.
Georgia School Personnel Survey
- Employees can review the questions (PDF)
- Employee participation is voluntary; however, 75 percent of a school's employees must participate to receive a Climate Star Rating.