Purpose: to introduce student to divergent thinking which is a thought process or method used to generate creative ideas by exploring many possible solutions. Student will be introduced to Isabel the Inventor who is able to see extraordinary possibilities in ordinary, everyday items.
- Isabel the Inventor Lesson Plan
- Isabel the Inventor picture
- Isabel the Inventor story
- Bubble Bonanza worksheet
- Brainfocals worksheet
- Yolanda’s Cycle Challenge Page
- Large paper or dry erase board (any size) to list ideas for child to see
- Any size Kitchen Whisk from home
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Glue stick/glue
- Note: Other items (use as extra or to substitute for whisk) suggestions: grater, colander or strainer
After reading through the detailed lesson plan, use it to teach the lesson to your child. Included is the Challenge activity to complete with your child as well.