Gifted Education Services
Executive Director of Program Improvement
Dr. Julie Wilson, Coordinator
Online Nomination Forms
Nomination for Gifted Services
Next Nomination Window: August 1 through August 23, 2023 for children in grades second through eighth who are new to the school district.
Next Gifted Testing Window: September 25 through October 27
Bulloch County Schools conducts reviews of children who are nominated for gifted services. The school district receives nominations from teachers, parents, guardians, students, or peers for any students who meet the specifications for this window of consideration.
All nominations must be submitted to either the Quest facilitator at the student's elementary or middle school by the nomination deadline, or for your convenience, there are online nomination forms for each elementary and middle school on this web page.
Once nominations are closed, each school's eligibility team will review student data to determine if a formal evaluation for gifted services is required.
- A nomination does not guarantee a formal evaluation.
- Gifted Services are based on need.
- The review team must establish whether the evidence confirms the need for a formal evaluation.
- If the evidence confirms the need for a formal evaluation, the parents or guardians of the identified students will receive a Permission to Test Form to sign and return to their child's school. This form is required before testing can begin.
- Testing will begin after teams have taken time for the data review and the receipt of permission to test is received by the gifted teacher at the child's home school.