Gifted Education Services
Program Improvement Department
Dr. Julie Wilson, Coordinator
Nominations for Gifted Services
Next Nomination Window: January 2 through 2 p.m., on January 24, 2024 for children in first through eighth grades. For complete information about this nomination window, read more here.
Next Gifted Testing Window: March 4 through March 29, 2024
Bulloch County Schools conducts reviews of children who are nominated for gifted services. The school district receives nominations from teachers, parents, guardians, students, or peers for any students who meet the specifications for this window of consideration.
How to Nominate a Student
All nominations must be submitted to either the Quest facilitator at the student's elementary or middle school by the nomination deadline, or for your convenience, there are online nomination forms for each elementary and middle school listed below.
Once nominations are closed, each school's eligibility team will review student data to determine if a formal evaluation for gifted services is required.
- A nomination does not guarantee a formal evaluation.
- Gifted Services are based on need.
- The review team must establish whether the evidence confirms the need for a formal evaluation.
- If the evidence confirms the need for a formal evaluation, the parents or guardians of the identified students will receive a Permission to Test Form to sign and return to their child's school. This form is required before testing can begin.
- Testing will begin after teams have taken time for the data review and the receipt of permission to test is received by the gifted teacher at the child's home school.
- Brooklet Elementary
- Julia P. Bryant Elementary
- Langston Chapel Elementary
- Mattie Lively Elementary
- Mill Creek Elementary
- Nevils Elementary
- Portal Elementary
- Sallie Zetterower Elementary
- Stilson Elementary