Campus Parent Use & Guidelines
Infinite Campus Parent User Expectations & Guidelines
Section I: User Expectations
The internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred by members of society. Bulloch County Schools supports access to informational resources by students, parents, guardians, teachers, and administrators that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between home and school.
We manage student information electronically and will make student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents, guardians, and students via a secure connection over the internet. All parents, guardians, and students will comply with the school district’s internet use regulations and all technology regulations and procedures, as well as all other district policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information Regulation
We use a secure internet site to enable electronic access to student information, thus enhancing communication between our parents, guardians, students, teachers, counselors, support staff, and administrators.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Campus Parent and Campus Student are a free service offered to all current and active parents, guardians, and students of Bulloch County Schools. Access to student information from the internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in the school district will a parent, guardian and/or student be authorized to activate a Campus Parent and Campus Student account. Access will be inactivated once the student withdraws or graduates from the school district, or if a court order requires it, or if violation of the district’s Acceptable Use Policy has been found. Parents, guardians, students, faculty, and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B. Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility among schools, parents, guardians, and students. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent, guardian, or student discovers any inaccurate information, he/she will notify their school immediately and provide proof of the inaccurate information. Special note about online grades: With the exception of posted report card grades, in-progress grade scores shown on Campus Parent and Campus Student reflect only the data that has been entered into the system at the time the information is being viewed by the user. Thus, in-progress grades can change at any time.
C. Data Issues on Campus Parent and Campus Student
Users are to address any issues regarding the data available on Campus Parent and Campus Student in the following order:
- Discuss the issue with student.
- Discuss the issue with student’s teacher via the email link within the schedule portion of Campus Parent or contact school to leave a message for the teacher.
- Discuss the issue with an administrator at your child’s school.
D. Information Accessibility
Bulloch County Schools reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via Campus Parent and Campus Student at any time without notice.
- Student Demographics: Are typically updated within one week of student registration. Due to high volume during fall registration, updates in the fall may be delayed more than one week. Contact the main office of the school your child attends to make any corrections to personal data.
- High School Attendance: Attendance is recorded every period. Excuse codes and updates are entered later in the school day. Office requires 3-5 days to resolve attendance issues.
- Middle School Attendance: Attendance is recorded every period. Excuse codes and updates are entered later in the school day. Office requires 3-5 days to resolve attendance issues.
- Class Schedule: Available online to print. Shows all courses the student will take in the current school year. You can check assignments and email staff from this screen.
- Grades: Can change daily depending on when staff enters scores. Detailed assignment scores are available online 24/7.
E. Electronic Web Access Agreement: Parents
Each parent or guardian – unless he or she is a district employee – will create a unique login username of 6-10 characters. Parents who are also Bulloch County Schools employees must use the same username for the Campus Parent as they use for their Campus staff account. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and use a combination of letters and numbers or symbols. Parents will need only one account and login for all of their childrer at all schools.
Each parent or guardian must also set up the security preferences by selecting eight likes and eight dislikes and an email address. The parent or guardian can reset their own password and get username reminders. Please note that the security preference email address is not linked in any way to the email address in the student information system.
F. Use of the System
Parents, guardians, and students are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents and guardians and students will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or district’s data or networks.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to access Information or accounts assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians and students will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parents/guardians and students who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians and students will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren). If a student loses his/her login information, the parent/guardian will instruct the student to visit the media center. The school media specialist can reset the student’s account.
- Parents/guardians and students will not set their computer to automatically login to the Internet site using a “Remember My Password” feature.
- Parents/guardians and students identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
G. Security Features
- Access to Infinite Campus Parent and Campus Student is made available with a secure Internet site.
Note: Account holders are responsible for keeping their passwords private and to properly protect or destroy any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
- Five unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact his/her child’s school.
- Users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time
- The student’s account will be inactivated when the student withdraws or graduates from BCS or if user has been found to be in violation of the district’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- The parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all of their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from BCS, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
H. Limitation of School District Liability
The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice.
- The District will use reasonable measures to protect student Information from unauthorized viewing.
- The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District's system or Internet.
- The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student Information.
- The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or student that would cause compromise of their student Information.
- The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice. By requesting an Internet site for viewing student Information, parents/guardians and students of the district automatically consent to electronic monitoring when on the district’s network.
B. Account Unlock Procedures
- Parents/Guardians/Students may request that the school media specialist reset the Campus Parent or Campus Student password.
- Account Accessibility:
There may be times when the Campus Parent or Campus Student will not be accessible due to maintenance or other unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the school system.
- Account Accessibility: