School Toolkit of Resources
School Toolkit of Resources
Welcome to Bulloch County Schools. We are happy to partner with you to guide your child to academic and career success and in doing so, enhance the value of our community. This School Toolkit provides information for new and returning students and their families. If you need additional information, please contact your school or the Board of Education at 912-212-8500.
- Register for school: Registration is open online for new and transfer students. Registration always remains open; however, families must register new children for school by July 27, if they want them to start school on the first day, which is Tuesday, August 1. If your children were enrolled in our school district last year, you do not need to register them, but please update any new information with your school.
- Update your child's information: For families of returning students, please login to your Campus Parent Portal to update your child's information for the new school year. All parents of returning students are required to do this each new school year. Instructions are available via the link above.
- Review our protocol for slowing the spread of illnesses and conduct daily health self-checks.
- If you have school bus questions or concerns, contact our Transportation Department at 912.212.8640.
- Free & Reduced-priced Meals: All children are eligible to receive free breakfast; however, to receive free or reduced-price meals, families are required to complete an application for the new school year by September 11. All Students at Langston Chapel Elementary, Langston Chapel Middle, Mattie Lively Elementary, Mill Creek Elementary, Portal Elementary, and William James Middle will have free breakfast and free lunch because the school's qualify for the federal Community Eligibility Provision program. For meal payments, we suggest using the My School Books mobile application to manage your child's school meal account. The app is available to download from the App Store or Google Play.
- Student Handbook: Please ensure that you are familiar with the Bulloch County Schools Student Handbook
- Parents/Guardians, please be sure to read the Parent/Guardian and Students Notices & Affirmations on the first page of the Student Handbook. As part of the online registration process for new students and the online update of information for returning students, you will electronically sign that you have reviewed this information. A printable version of the form is also available on our website. This form must be signed electronically or printed, signed and returned to your child's school within either 30 days of enrollment.
School Safety Protocols
- Slowing the Spread of Illness
- School Bus Safety Expectations
- General School Safety Protocols - What Parents & Students Need to Know
- Heat Advisory Protocols
- Visitor Protocols to Visit Schools
- Water Safety for Children in Bulloch County
- Register for School
- Documents Required for Registration
- Are Social Security Cards Required for Registration?
- Schools & Contact Information
- School Attendance Zones
- School Choice Privilege
- Immunization Requirements
- Request to Restrict Internet Use (PDF)
- FERPA - Request to Restrict Directory Information (PDF)
- School Social Workers
- Social and Emotional Learning Resources
Assistance Programs for Home Internet Service & Technology Purchases
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- Dell Member Purchase Program for any Bulloch County Schools student, faculty, staff, and student families - Email for more information.
- Free local WiFi Hotspots - All Bulloch County Schools' school parking lots, plus these local businesses.
Calendars-School Start Times - What to Wear
- School Calendar and Meal Menus
- School Dress Expectations (Dress Code)
- School Start and Dismissal Times
- Graduation Dates
- Our Driving Force Story
- What is My Bus Route?
- Bus Safety & Expectations
- Transportation Zones
- Young Bus Rider Form
School Nutrition Services
- School Nutrition Information
- Free & Reduced Meal Application - All children will receive free breakfast, but a completed, approved Free & Reduced-Price Meal Application is needed by September 11 to receive lunch benefits. All Students at Langston Chapel Elementary, Langston Chapel Middle, Mattie Lively Elementary, Mill Creek Elementary, Portal Elementary, and William James Middle will have free breakfast and free lunch because the school's qualify for the federal Community Eligibility Provision program. A meal application is not necessary this year for students at these schools.
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- My School Bucks Families may use this online meal payment tool for lunches or if they want their child to have available funds for second servings of meals or to purchase additional a-la-carte items.
- Each school will provide its suggested school supply lists to families via Facebook, its website, at Open House and the first day of school.
- Various faith-based and civic organizations host back-to-school events at which they make school supplies available to children in need.
- If you need assistance, speak with a school social worker or school counselor.
Student Handbook & Code of Conduct
- Campus Parent & Campus Student - Online tools and mobile applications (app) for access and notifications to student class schedules, assignments, attendance, grades, transcripts, report cards, and more.
- Text ALERT to 22300 to opt your cellular telephone in to receive important information and safety alerts from the school district. This must be a cellular phone which you have provided to us as a contact number for your child.
- The school district shares information with these school district and local and regional news outlets, especially emergency news:
- School District: District and school websites and social media; District and school's One Call Now telephone, email, and text messaging system.
- Print Media: The Statesboro Herald and the Statesboro Magazine
- Television Media: WTOC Channel 11, WSAV Channel 3, WJCL Channel 28, WTGS Channel 24
- Radio Media: Foundry Broadcasting - FM 94.9 and 106.4
- Digital Media: The Statesboro Herald, The Georgia Virtue, All on Georgia Bulloch, Grice Connect
Student Health: Medical-Related Services & Immunization Requirements
- Medical Services
- Help A Child Smile Mobile Dentistry Program
- Immunization Requirements
- Section 504 Rehabilitation Act Procedures
- Medical forms can be completed either during online registration for new students, via Campus Parent for your annual update of information for a returning student, or from your school's nurse clinic.
- Sports Physical Form for Participation in Athletics
- GA High School Association Heat, Humidity & Practice Guidelines
- GA High School Association Concussion Management Guidelines
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Information, Enrollment Forms & Claim Form
Community Assistance & Resources Information
Afterschool Childcare & Enrichment Programs