Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I know if my child is eligible for Kindergarten?
    In accordance with state guidelines, a child is eligible to attend Kindergarten in Bulloch County for the upcoming school year if he or she will be five-years-old by September 1, 2024, and the legal, custodial parents or guardians are residents of Bulloch County.
  2. What do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?
    For your convenience, this is a Registration Checklist of Required Documents. It will help you gather the appropriate forms of identification for you and your child. Falsification of any information or document required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in the following:
    • Revocation of student enrollment;
    • Being held liable to reimburse the district for expenses incurred to educate student(s); and 
    • Civil action for fraud, negligent misrepresentation and negligence.
  3. My child attended Pre-Kindergarten at a school that was not our attendance zoned elementary school. What should I do?
    Your child will not automatically be enrolled in that out-of-zone school's Kindergarten classes. You will need to register your child for Kindergarten at your zoned elementary school.

    If there is space at the out-of-zone school, and you and you would like to apply for School Choice Privilege at that school, the application window for these requests opens each May. Previously, for School Choice Privilege requests for Kindergarten students, parents had to wait 10 days after the school year began to apply for school choice transfers; however, this has been changed, and requests should now be submitted online during the same window as all other requests.
  4. What if we move after I register my child or anytime during the school year?
    Once a student is enrolled in a Bulloch County school and you change residences within the county at any time during the year, the parent or legal guardian must complete an Address Verification Form.  Schools must have this form before changing any addresses on a student.
  5. If I plan to make a School Choice Privilege request, is there a deadline to register for school?
    Yes, children not currently attending a Bulloch County public school, including new Kindergarten students, must be fully registered with all required documents submitted by the published deadline in May, in order to have a School Choice application considered. Visit the School Choice Privilege webpage for the most current deadline.
  6. What is School Choice Privilege?
    Bulloch County Schools has an annual window to make online School Choice Privilege requests for the upcoming school year. It opens on the website each May. In accordance with the Bulloch County Board of Education's policy JBCCA: Student Assignment to Schools, parents or legal guardians may elect to submit requests that children, who are in Kindergarten through twelfth grade, attend another public school in the Bulloch County School System. For complete information, visit our School Choice Privilege website.