Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Registration and Enrollment Services

All children in the United States are entitled to equal access to a basic public elementary and secondary education regardless of their actual or perceived race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their parents/guardians. School districts that either prohibit or discourage, or maintain policies that have the effect of prohibiting or discouraging, children from enrolling in schools because they or their parents/guardians are not U.S. citizens or are undocumented may be in violation of federal law.  

Because Bulloch County Schools is a public school system for children who reside in Bulloch County, no individual who resides outside the boundaries of Bulloch County may be registered to attend its schools. An exception applies only to children of full-time employees of Bulloch County Schools.  Children who live in Bulloch County may attend a school located within the school attendance zone in which they reside or a school within another attendance zone if a school choice privilegerequest is granted in accordance with the Bulloch County Board of Education JBCCA Student Assignment to Schools policy

Pre-registration may be completed at any time via the school district’s website. If you do not have access to an Internet-enabled computer or digital device, you may use a computer kiosk at your zoned school during office hours. School zones are based on the property address where the custodial parent/guardian and child live.  To enroll a child for classes at one of Bulloch County Schools’ campuses, a parent, guardian, or other person authorized to register the student must meet these criteria and provide the required documentation:

A. Persons Authorized to Enroll a Child in School: To enroll a child in school, you must live in the household with the child, have primary charge and responsibility for the child, and be one of the following:                                                                                                     

  • A parent (natural or adoptive) Step-parents may not register a child for school.

  • A legal guardian with a court-issued guardianship order

  • A grandparent, step-grandparent, great-grandparent, or step great-grandparent with a properly executed Grandparent Power of Attorney which authorizes him/her to register the child

  • A person with a properly executed military power of attorney which authorizes him/her to register a child 

  • A person with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit which authorizes him/her to register a child. This requires approval from a school system social worker. 

  • A foster parent with proof of student placement from the Department of Family & Children Services or a representative thereof 

  • A sponsor with an approved International Exchange Program enrolling a child with a J-1 visa

B. Importance of Person Registering Child: If a legal parent or guardian resides in the household with the child, the parent or guardian must complete the registration. In accordance with Georgia law, the authorized person who enrolls the child controls the child’s list of approved persons who can pick up the child and sets pick up restrictions. The registering parent must grant permission to the other parent.

C. Establish Parent’/Legal Guardians’ Identity: Parents and legal guardians must identify themselves by submitting one form of picture identification.  This is not required to be a government-issued identification.

D. Establish Residency: The authorized person enrolling a child for school must produce one of these acceptable proofs of residency: 

  • A current, acceptable type of utility bill that is less than 60 days old and lists residence as the service address. Acceptable types of utility bills are electric, gas, water, cable television or landline telephone/Internet bills. Cellular telephone bills and driver’s licenses are not acceptable proofs of residency.

  • Current lease, with rent receipt or proof of deposit paid within the last 60 days

  • Letter from shelter

  • Letter from employer if employer provides housing

  • Letter from hotel, motel, or RV park

If a student’s family is living with someone else, parents/guardians should provide a notarized affidavit from the property owner stating where the child’s family is residing, plus a copy of the property owner’s proof of residency.

  • Notarized Residency Affidavit - includes signature of person with whom family lives

  • Proof of residency for person with whom family lives (see items listed above)

E.  Establish Child’s Age & Identity: The person registering the child must provide one proof of child’s age and identity. The following are accepted as proof of age and identity: 

  • Certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate

  • Valid student driver’s license (if applicable)

  • Passport

  • Adoption record

  • Religious record that is signed by an authorized religious official

  • Official school transcript

  • Affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.

F. Social Security Cards: According to Georgia law 20-2-150d, an official copy of a child’s Social Security card is required for enrollment. However, no child may be denied enrollment for failing to provide his/her Social Security number. Any parent/legal guardian who objects to the incorporation of the Social Security number into the child’s school records may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objection to the requirement. Georgia DOES require a Social Security Number for a student applying for the HOPE scholarship.

G. Provide Proof of Immunization/Dental Care: All children attending school must have a Georgia Department of Public Health Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) and a Department of Public Health Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231). Form 3231 must have either the date of expiration or school attendance block checked. Children who attend school must be up-to-date on all immunizations required for school entry.

If transferring within the state of Georgia, Bulloch County Schools will request these documents from your child’s previous school.  If a child has never been enrolled in a Georgia public school or the previous school does not have a record of the necessary forms, please make an appointment with the Bulloch County Health Department or your child’s physician prior to registration.  The appointment for immunizations must be scheduled to occur within 30 days of registering and the appointment for vision, hearing, dental, and nutritional screening must occur within 90 days of registration. If you do not have these forms at registration, you must supply an appointment date and time that these medical screenings will occur to the school at the time of registration. 

  • Valid Certificate of Immunization – (Georgia Health Dept. Form 3231) Completed by a staff member from a Georgia Department of Public Health Department or a Georgia doctor. A medical exemption should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration. You may request a form from your school for religious exemption.

  • Georgia Ear, Eye, and Dental Certificate – (GA Health Dept. Form #3300) Forms are available from a health department or your Georgia doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.

H. Additional Documents (if applicable)

  • Custody / guardianship orders

  • Any court orders that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child’s educational records 

  • Any restraining orders or legal documents that limit the access of any individual to the child being registered.

I. Change of Address: If a student is enrolled in Bulloch County Schools and changes residence within the county at any time during the year, the parent or guardian must update the student’s information online by using their Infinite Campus Parent portal. Once they login to their Campus Parent account, select More from the menu, then select Online Registration, and then follow the prompts to update all information, including the new address.  This can be done from any computer or internet-enabled device.  You may also make an appointment to use a computer kiosk at the child’s school. Schools must have a proof of residency before they change an address. 

J.  Admission of Suspended / Expelled Students: In accordance with Georgia law, the Board reserves the right to not admit a resident student to the school system who has been suspended or expelled from another school system during the period of suspension or expulsion. A placement committee will determine whether students returning from a Youth Detention Center or other means of incarceration will be placed at their zoned school or in the alternative program. 

K. Withdrawal from School: Any student leaving school permanently should be withdrawn by the person who registered the student in school. Students between the ages of 16 and 18 must have written permission from a parent or guardian to withdraw. In the event that a student under the age of 16 is withdrawn to home school, the parent must provide a copy of the Declaration of Intent to Home School submitted to the Georgia Department of Education.  Failure to provide the school with a copy of this form within 45 days will result in a referral to the Department of Family and Children's Services, as required by state law.

Parents or guardians may complete this online withdrawal form which is also located in the Parent/Student tab of this website in the Withdraw or Transfer Students section. 

L. Transfer: See the administrators at the school where the student is currently enrolled for current guidelines concerning transfers or parents or guardians may complete this online transfer form which is also located in the Families tab of the website in the Withdraw or Transfer Students section. 

M.  Registering After Being Off Roll: All students who have been off roll from any Bulloch County school for more than 10 consecutive school days must complete an online registration application on the school district website. Required documents can be uploaded. Parents or guardians who require assistance or the use of a school computer should contact the school’s data clerk or registrar to schedule an appointment for completion of the required application.