Bus Driver Application Process
Bulloch County Schools Transportation & Tech. Annex
219 Simons Road
Field Trip Coordinator
- Before you apply for a job as a school bus driver, please ensure that you meet our bus driver qualifications.
- If you meet these qualifications, then you may apply for a bus driver position online or visit our Transportation Department offices between 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., weekdays.
- After you apply, contact our Transportation Department to register for our required school bus training courses.
- Obtain a seven-year motor vehicle recordfrom your state's driver services agency. Bulloch County has a Georgia Department of Driver Services office located on U.S. Highway 301 North.
- Bring your seven-year motor vehicle record and a copy of your regular Class C driver's license with you when you either report to our Transportation Department office to apply in person or when you attend your first school bus training class.
Training Phase for Approved Applicants
Our Transportation Department regularly hosts free Bus Driver Training Classes for approved applicants who hold a valid Commercial Drivers' License.
- Attend Bus Driver Training Classes:
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 hours of school bus driving instruction with a skilled driver without children on board
- 6 hours of school bus driving instruction on a school bus with children
Final Testing Phase
- Take and pass a bus driver test administered by a third-part
Driver Assignment Phase
- Applicant is now ready to be assigned to a bus route.