School Meal Prices
Breakfast is available to all students for free. No application is required. See our breakfast menus here.
Each school year our School Nutrition Services Department provides information to the United States Department of Agriculture's School Meal Program to determine if any of our schools qualify for its Community Eligibility Provision. This program allows the nation’s highest poverty schools, who have a high percentage of students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals to serve breakfast and lunch at no cost to all enrolled students at those schools without collecting Free and Reduced-Price Meal Applications. If a family has children at our other schools, a meal application would still be required for them to determine eligibility for meal benefits.
This year, six of our schools qualify for the program. Breakfast and lunch are free for all students who attend these schools and no meal application is required for the students.
- Langston Chapel Elementary School
- Langston Chapel Middle School
- Mattie Lively Elementary School
- Mill Creek Elementary School
- Portal Elementary School
- William James Middle School
Meal Prices for Breakfast
- Free - Breakfast is free for all students. No meal application necessary.
- $2.75 - Breakfast for Adults
- $2.75 - Additional meal servings for students and adults
Meal Prices for Lunch
- Free - Students eligible for free lunch. Complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application.
- Free - All students at Langston Chapel Elementary, Langston Chapel Middle, Mattie Lively Elementary, Mill Creek Elementary, Portal Elementary, and William James Middle receive free lunch. No meal application required. These schools qualify for the national School Lunch Program's Community Eligibility Provision
- $0.40 - Students eligible for reduced lunch. Complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application
- $2.25 - Elementary school students
- $2.50 - Middle and high school students.
- $4.75 - Lunch for employees and volunteers (Tea available with meal)
- $4.75 - Visitors (Parents, vendors, spouses of employees)
- $4.75 - Additional meal servings for students and adults
Any meal payments are due at mealtime. Elementary and middle school students without cash or money on a meal account may be allowed to charge for only five days. At that point the account must be paid before allowing additional charges. Negative balance letters are sent home weekly with each student. All account balances will be transferred to your child’s new school if they transfer schools within the system.
Students are offered an initial regular meal before being allowed to purchase additional seconds and any a-la-carte items. Prices are consistent with prices charged in other school systems with similar demographics.
A-La-Carte items are priced individually based on a percentage above actual cost of the item. These items are available in addition to the school meal and are not intended to be sold individually to make a meal. The available items may vary by school. Any items sold at the school must meet the requirements of our local wellness policy.