Meal Modifications Letter & Form
The Bulloch County School Nutrition Program regulations require that meals offered in the schools meet the meal patterns identified in the program regulations. Food substitutions may be made for medical or special dietary needs on a case-by-case basis if supported by a statement signed by a recognized medical authority. A recognized medical authority may include physicians, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners.
The Authorization for Meal Modification Form on this web page contains the required information needed to accommodate your child. Your child's health is very important to us. Please have your medical authority complete and return the form to the school district's school nutrition director:
School Nutrition Director
Bulloch County Board of Education
18201 Hwy 80 West
Statesboro, GA 30458
Important Points to Remember
- Be sure to sign on the parent/guardian signature line.
- The School Nutrition Program utilizes the Offer vs. Serve meal service at our elementary schools, middle and high schools, except for Pre-Kindergarten. This means your child may be able to make choices for his meal and choose something else to which he/she is not allergic. School Nutrition personnel will make every attempt to accommodate your child’s dietary needs; however, if your child requires a special dietary item that is not on the district's grocery bid, you may need to supply a particular item(s).
- Please know the School Nutrition Program is not able to handle the vegetarian and/or religious (i.e. no pork) dietary requests.
- Parents and students are able to view school menus on the Bulloch County Schools website, and elementary children receive a copy to review monthly and make accommodations for meals from home.
- Your child's signed Authorization for Meal Modification Form will stay on file until the School Nutrition Department receives written notification from the parent or guardian to remove it.