Employee Benefits & Resources
Bulloch County Schools offers competitive salaries for its teaching and non-teaching jobs.
- Competitive State Salary Scales. View current pay scales here
- A variety of local salary supplement options within the school district that offer additional earning potential: Summer school personnel, athletic teams and event personnel, club/class advisors, department/grade chairmanships, after-school program personnel
Competitive Leave & Retirement Benefits
Bulloch County Schools provides the following:
- Pre-tax retirement contributions
- Paid sick, personal and vacation leave. Paid sick leave and personal leave can be accumulated to be applied toward years of retirement.
- Paid national holidays, including 3 to 5 days for Thanksgiving and 10 days for the winter holiday season, depending on if you are a 10, 10.5, or 11-month employee or a 12-month employees.
- Paid professional development leave to attend opportunities both in and out of the school district in order to encourage continuous learning
- A voluntary employee sick leave bank which assists approved employees who have exhausted their paid sick leave
- Week-long paid breaks in October, February, & April for 10, 10.5 and 11-month employees
Bulloch County Schools believes in providing its employees the technology tools they need to be effective and efficient. Particularly for teachers, we provide the following classroom tools:
- Personal laptops with docking station; Refreshed every three to five years
- Promethean Board with wireless mouse and keyboard
- One-to-one digital devices for students, to allow educators to better engage and deliver classroom instruction
- Multiple digital resources: Classlink, Illuminate, Google Suite, and more
- A dedicated technology liaison for each school
Bulloch County Schools values continuous improvement and provides on-site and off-site professional development opportunities for employees.
- New Teacher Induction Program: An annual program for first-year teachers and teachers who are new to the school district to help them learn our district's values, provide school-based mentors. Participants receive a stipend plus door prizes of classroom resources.
- Aspiring Leaders Program: Our school district believes in building the leadership capacity of employees. This program is open to assistant principals and teacher leaders who want to prepare themselves for future leadership roles.
- Academic Support Program
- Program Improvement
- School Improvement Coaches: Team of well-trained academic and behavior coaches to support teachers and school administrators
- Safety & Security Training: The school district's safety director provides training on the use of the district's safety tools and other timely topics.
Health, Wellness & Disability Benefits
Bulloch County Schools provides theses benefits to employees. Human Resources can provide more information about open enrollment for insurance benefits.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with available flexible spending and health reimbursement accounts for expenses
- Additional cancer, life, short/long-term disability, and supplemental insurance options available
- Wellness incentives and rewards through the State Health Benefit Plan which earn you financial rewards and can earn additional money for your health reimbursement account to cover any out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Free one-on-one insurance consultations with experienced professionals to help determine your individual insurance needs
- Free annual health screenings and flu vaccinations for you and your dependents
Employee Assistance Program Benefits
Bulloch County Schools provides a free Employee Assistance Program to its employees. Ask Human Resources for more details or employees can access more information in Google Drive, District Office, Human Resources, Benefits.
Balancing the challenges of your job and the demands of an
active personal lifestyle can at times be overwhelming. The
Employee Assistance Program is here for you when you are facing issues that may interfere with your health, well-being and productivity at home or at work.
- Mental Health Counseling: If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the demands of life, you can access a licensed counselor for help. You get up to six counseling sessions available at no cost to you. Your counselor may refer you to resources in your community for ongoing support.
- Legal, Financial, Work & LIfe Counseling: The Employee Assistance Program provides up to three free consultations with a degreed professional available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in these key areas:
- Consultations with legal & financial experts:
For contractual disputes, divorce, child custody, home purchases and closings, adoption, debt management,
credit report issues, estate planning, and more.
- Consultations with work and life professionals to help you identify resources for Childcare and parenting, elder care, event and travel
planning, home repairs, moving or relocation services
- Consultations with legal & financial experts:
- The Employee Assistance Program is available to all employees who work at least 29 hours a week, along with their household
members and children up to age 26.
Employee Discount Program Benefits
Bulloch County Schools has partnered with national affinity programs and local retailers to offer its employees discounts on many goods and services:
- Tickets At Work: Through this free national service, school district employees can enjoy exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. Contact Human Resources for our district's login code
- All employees with a valid school district identification badge may attend any of the school district's middle and high school regular season sporting events for free
- 30 local retailers and organizations offer discounts on their good and services to Bulloch County Schools employees with a valid school district identification badge