Jobs as a Paraprofessional
Thank you for your interest in becoming a paraprofessional with Bulloch County Schools.
Qualifications for Paraprofessionals:
- Individuals who hold an associate’s degree or higher or who have completed at least 60 semester hours of college coursework:
- Are qualified to apply for any open paraprofessional position without passing the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators .
- If you do not meet these qualifications, you must take and pass the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators prior to applying for a paraprofessional position with our school district.
How to register to take the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators for Paraprofessional Assessment:
- The assessment costs $45.00 to be paid in cash, with the exact dollar amount and paid onsite the day of the test.
- You will register for the test on site the day of the test. This is done on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The test is administered by the First District Regional Educational Services Agency, which is located at 201 West Lee Street in Brooklet, Georgia (912.842.5000).
- First District RESA Paraprofessional Assessment Information
After you successfully take and pass the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators for paraprofessionals:
- You will only receive a Paraprofessional Certificate once you have been hired as a paraprofessional.
- Any potential new hire paraprofessional will meet with Amanda McQuiag to complete the application process. The following documentation is needed:
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of High School Diploma or proof of academic skill certification from taking a General Educational Development test.
- Official scores from the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators