The School Improvement & Career Technical & Agricultural Education Department is responsible for the following:
- The department facilitates the development and execution of the system's overall strategy to improve student achievement across the district and provides services to support the district’s vision, mission, and goals as outlined in the system’s strategic plan.
- The department leads and guides the school improvement process, provides teachers with a framework to consistently and systematically use data to inform instruction to support student achievement, and provides timely and accurate data for district decision-making.
- The department provides oversight for the state accountability system (CCRPI) and is charged with developing and maintaining the district’s Balanced Scorecard. In addition, the department works collaboratively with the Academic Services Department and the Student Support Services Department to provide support for innovative technologies in order to improve teaching and learning outcomes.
- The department oversees, guides and monitors the district's Federal Programs (Title I, Title I-C, and Title III) to ensure alignment with district initiatives and coordinates parent involvement.
- The department manages the school system's school-to-career pathways (Career, Technical & Agricultural Education (CTAE))offered within our high schools.
- The department manages all aspects of both state mandated and district assessments (Testing)
- The department provides data analysis and oversight for the state accountability system (College and Career Readiness Performance Index) .