Registration Information for 2013-2014
2013-14 Pre-K & Kindergarten Information
- 2013-14 Registration & Lottery Dates; Requirements (PDF)
Please note that the 2013-2014 Pre-Kindergarten calendar has not yet been set. It is dependent upon the Georgia General Assembly's decisions during the current legislative session and if Georgia Pre-K is returned to a 180-day program.
2012-2013 Pre-K Year Information
Currently, Bulloch County Schools' Pre-Kindergarten is a full-day program, but its school year is 170 days rather than 180 days. The 2012-2013 Pre-Kindergarten Year is August 1, 2012 - May 20, 2013 . Please note that these dates are different for kindergarten - twelfth grade students .
For the 2013-14 School Year, Governor Nathan Deal has proposed to return funding to the Georgia Pre-K program. If approved, this would add an additional 10 days back to the Pre-K calendar, making it once again a 180-day program. Bulloch County Schools' administrators will be monitoring the Fiscal Year 2014 State Budget deliberations throughout the legislative session that is expected to run through mid-April. Once our administrators know the outcome of those discussions and if Pre-K will return to a 180-day year, then a 2013-2014 Pre-K Calendar can be set.
Current Classes and Available Student Slots
The number of classes and slots available at each of our campuses is as follows:
|Julia P. Bryant Elementary||2 classes||(44 students)|
|Stilson Elementary||1 class||(22 students)|
|Nevils Elementary||2 classes||(44 students)|
|Mill Creek Elementary||2 classes||(44 students)|
|Langston Chapel Elementary||3 classes||(66 students)|
|Portal Elementary||1 class||(22 students)|
|Brooklet Elementary||1 class||(22 students)|
|Mattie Lively Elementary||2 classes||(42 students)|
|Sallie Zetterower Elementary||1 class||(22 students)|
|Southeast Bulloch High School||1 class||(22 students)|
|Portal Middle High School||1 class||(22 students)|
Current Pre-K Guidelines
- Students who are four years of age on September 1st of the current school year, and whose parents are residents of Bulloch County are eligible to apply for one of the available spaces in accordance with the Georgia Pre-K State guidelines.
- Pre-K Registration dates and lottery dates are posted on this website each year in early spring. There will also be advertisements in local media listing registration and lottery dates. 2013-2014 Registration & Lottery Dates (PDF)
- Priority is given to children of Bulloch County BOE employees.
- Parents should apply and register at one of the eleven (11) locations listed.
- Priority is given to children within a school's attendance zone. Selection is based on a lottery drawing.
- Students from outside a school's attendance zone will be considered if all spaces are not filled by the above drawing.
- Pre-K classes follow the main school system calendar for the length of the elementary school day, but their year ends May 16, 2013, for the 2012-2013 School Year.
- Transportation via school bus is available within each school's attendance zones.
- Parents are responsible for transportation if the student is attending a class outside his/her assigned attendance zone.
- Priority is given to students with special needs and six of these students will be selected as automatic placements for the Inclusion Classroom located at Mattie Lively Elementary before the lottery each year. Other students with special needs may be considered for automatic placement in any Pre-K classroom or be placed at the top of a waiting list at the discretion of the Pre-K Director and the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team.
- Statesboro High School offers a four-year-old preschool program, but at this time, it is not part of the Georgia Pre-K system of programs. The Bulloch County School System will apply for this program to become a lottery-funded Georgia Pre-K program in the future. Currently the fee for SHS's program is $6 per day, and parents must provide transportation.