Kindergarten Registration 2017-2018
Bulloch County Schools will host Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-2018 school year in May 2017, at each of its nine elementary schools, May 1-5, 2017. Parents/guardians may pick up registration packets at any elementary school during normal office hours (7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.). Parents/Guardians should return completed packets to their zoned elementary school by end of the school day on the designated deadline date (pending). During this time, you may also schedule an appointment for your child to be tested.
Only a child's parent or legal guardian may register a child for school. A child being enrolled in kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2017.
Please Note: If your child is enrolled in a Bulloch County Schools Pre-Kindergarten classroom, he/she does not need to be registered for kindergarten unless he/she will be attending a different school than where he/she attended pre-k.
Kindergarten Eligibility for 2017-2018
In accordance with state guidelines, for a child to be eligible to apply for one of the available kindergarten spaces for the 2017-2019 school year, the child must turn five years of age on or before September 1, 2017, and the parents must be residents of Bulloch County.
What to Bring to Kindergarten Registration
Registration must be done at the school where you are zoned for attendance. Students are assigned to a school by their custodial parent or legal guardian's residence address.
The legal custodial parent/guardian must accompany children to register for school. Parents/guardians must be the parent listed on the birth certificate or custody documents from the court system. The person bringing the child to be registered for school is the person who can withdraw that child at a later time unless legally acceptable arrangements are made for someone else to do so.
Parents/guardians must bring the following items to Kindergarten Registration to prove custody, identity, residency, child's age and child's immunization:
Falsification of any information or document required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in the following: a.) revocation of student enrollment, b.) being held liable to reimburse the district for expenses incurred to educate this/these student(s), c.) civil action from fraud, negligent misrepresentation and negligence.
Please bring your child to registration (for testing only)
1. Proof of Custody - To register a child for school, you must be one of the following:
- Parent (natural or adoptive)
- Legal guardian
- Foster parent appointed by a state agency
- Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program
2. Proof of Identity for Parents/guardians - To register a child for school, the parents/guardian must identify themselves by submitting one (1) valid picture identification. These are acceptable proofs of identity:
- Driver’s license
- Work ID Card
- State ID card
- Military ID Card
3. Proof of Residency in Bulloch County - Residency must be established to enroll a child. The parent/guardian must produce one (1) of the acceptable forms of proof. These are examples of acceptable proof of residency documents (approved by Board of Education 2/11/16):
- current month lease agreement
- property tax notice
- homeowner’s insurance bill
- mortgage statement
- current vehicle registration form
- letter from a homeless shelter
- letter from employer if employer provides housing
- A current month utility bill (electricity, gas, water, or landline telephone) listing the residence as the service address. Cellular telephone bills and a driver's license ARE NOT acceptable proofs of residency.
- Current year PeachCare eligibility documents for the child
- Notarized Residency Affidavit - including signature of person with whom the family is living.
- Proof of residency for person with whom family is living (see above)
If legal custody of a child is split between two parents, in addition to the documents listed above, the school needs a certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody. Parents are responsible to immediately inform the school of any changes to the court order.
If a student is already enrolled in a Bulloch County school and changes resident within the county at any time during the year, the parent/guardian must also fill out an Address Verification Form. Schools must have this form before changing any addresses on students.
4. Proof of Child's Age & Identity - Parents/Guardians must provide a proof of student’s age and identification by providing one (1) federal, state, county, or school documents with a date of birth:
- a certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate - must show name of parent(s)
- adoption record
- religious record that is signed by an authorized religious official
- official immigration documentation
- affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.
5. Social Security Number/Card: According to Georgia Law 20-2-150d; An official copy of the student’s Social Security card/number is required for enrollment. However, no student may be denied enrollment for failing to provide his/her Social Security number. Any parent/legal guardian who objects to the incorporation of the Social Security number into the child’s school records may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement. However, a Social Security Number will be required by the state for a student applying for the HOPE scholarship.
6. Proof of Immunization - Parents/Guardians must provide proof of Immunization and an EED Certificate.
- Valid Certificate of Immunization – (GA Health Dept. Form 3231) The form must be completed by a staff member from a Georgia Department of Public Health health department or a Georgia doctor. A medical exemption should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration. You may request a form from your school for religious exemption.
- Georgia Ear, Eye, and Dental Certificate (EED) – (GA Health Dept. Form #3300) Forms are available from the health department or your Georgia doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.
Click Here for a 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration Flyer (pending)