Kindergarten Registration 2016-2017
Bulloch County Schools' nine elementary schools will host Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-2017 school year in late April/early May 2016. Each child completing the kindergarten assessment during the identified week will receive a FREE backpack with activities and resources.
Registration will be offered at all elementary schools during school office hours during the registration week. Packets can be picked up and turned in, and you will be able to make an appointment to bring your child back to the school so they can be tested at a later date. If you are unable to come to the school during regular office hours, we will publish a list of available evening registration and testing events on this website.
Please Note: If your child is enrolled in a Bulloch County Schools GA PreK classroom for the 2015-2016 school year, he/she will NOT need to be registered for kindergarten UNLESS he/she will be attending a different school than where they currently attend pre-k..
Kindergarten Eligibility for 2016-2017
In accordance with state guidelines, for a child to be eligible to apply for one of the available kindergarten spaces for the 2016-2017 school year, the child must turn five years of age on or before September 1, 2016, and the parents must be residents of Bulloch County.
What to Bring to Kindergarten Registration
- Your child (for testing only)
- Valid driver’s license or picture ID of parent/guardian registering student
- ONE of the following: Child’s birth certificate (must show name of parent(s)), magistrate court documents indicating custody, power-of-attorney documents, custody documents or letter of placement from DFACS
- TWO address verification documents - ONE MUST be a utility bill with service address (i.e., electric, cable, land line phone, DSL, broadband internet, trash, lease stating that utilities are included in rent payment, and/or notarized statement from landlord that utilities are included in the rent). Second address verification can be an additional item listed above or one of the following showing address: current month lease or home purchase agreement, most recent tax return, current year DFACS documents, current weekly or monthly paycheck stub.
- Child’s immunization record (Form 3231) and Eye,Ear,Dental & Nutrition (EEDN-Form 3300). These forms may be obtained through the health department or your child’s pediatrician.
- Child’s Social Security Card
Click Here for a 2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration Flyer (pending)