Kindergarten Registration 2015-2016
Bulloch County Schools' nine elementary schools will host Kindergarten Registration for the 2015-2016 school year on April 27 - May 1. Each child completing the kindergarten assessment during this week will receive a FREE backpack with activities and resources.
Registration will be offered at all elementary schools during school office hours beginning April 27. Packets can be picked up and turned in, and you will be able to make an appointment to bring your child back to the school so they can be tested at a later date. If you are unable to come to the school during regular office hours, please see our list of available evening registration and testing events below.
Please Note: If your child is currently enrolled in a Bulloch County Schools GA PreK classroom, he/she will NOT need to be registered for kindergarten UNLESS he/she will be attending a different school.
Evening Registration & Testing Events
Monday, April 27:
- Nevils Elementary 4pm-6pm
- Stilson Elementary 5pm-7pm
Tuesday, April 28, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.:
- Sallie Zetterower Elementary
Tuesday, April 28, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.:
- Love-Jones Building at Luetta Moore Park, MLK Drive,Statesboro
- Groover Homes Community Center, Packinghouse Road, Statesboro
- Mattie Lively Elementary
- Brooklet Elementary
- Portal Elementary
Thursday, April 30, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Langston Chapel Elementary
- Julia P. Bryant Elementary
- Mill Creek Elementary
What to Bring to Kindergarten Registration
Students who turn five years of age on September 1 of the current school year, and whose parents are residents of Bulloch County are eligible to apply for one of the available spaces in accordance with State guidelines.
- Your child (for testing only)
- Valid driver’s license or picture ID of parent/guardian registering student
- ONE of the following: Child’s birth certificate (must show name of parent(s)), magistrate court documents indicating custody, power-of-attorney documents, custody documents or letter of placement from DFACS
- TWO address verification documents - ONE MUST be a utility bill with service address (i.e., electric, cable, land line phone, DSL, broadband internet, trash, lease stating that utilities are included in rent payment, and/or notarized statement from landlord that utilities are included in the rent). Second address verification can be an additional item listed above or one of the following showing address: current month lease or home purchase agreement, most recent tax return, current year DFACS documents, current weekly or monthly paycheck stub.
- Child’s immunization record (Form 3231) and Eye,Ear,Dental & Nutrition (EEDN-Form 3300). These forms may be obtained through the health department or your child’s pediatrician.
- Child’s Social Security Card