Please read the following User Expectations, Computer Requirements and Portal Access Use Guidelines prior to completing the Parent Portal Request Form below.
Section I: User Expectations
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred by members of society. The Bulloch County Schools School Board (hereafter referred to as “BCS”) supports access by students, parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between students, parents/guardians, and the student’s teachers.
The BCS manages student information electronically and will make the student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents/guardians and students via a secure connection over the Internet. All parents/guardians and students will comply with the District’s Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as all other District policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information Regulation
BCS uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information, thus enhancing communication between our parents/guardians, students, teachers, counselors, support staff, and administrators.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Portal access is a free service offered to all current and active parents/guardians and students of the BCS. Access to student information from the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in the BCS will a parent/guardian and/or student be authorized to activate a Portal account. His/her access will be inactivated once the student withdraws or graduates from the BCS, or if a court order requires it, or if violation of district’s Acceptable Use Policy has been found. Parents/guardians, students, and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B. Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility among schools, parents/guardians, and students. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian or student discovers any inaccurate information, he/she will notify their school immediately and provide proof of the inaccurate information. Special note about online grades: With the exception of posted report card grades, in-progress grade scores shown on the Portal reflect only the data that has been entered into the system at the time the information is being viewed by the user. Thus, in-progress grades can change at any time.
C. Data Issues on Campus Portal
Users are to address any issues regarding the data available on Campus Portal in the following order:
- Discuss the issue with student.
- Discuss the issue with student’s teacher via the email link within the schedule portion of Campus Portal or contact school to leave a message for the teacher.
- Discuss the issue with an administrator at your child’s school.
D. Information Accessibility
BCS reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Portal at any time without notice.
- Person Demographics: Is typically updated within one week of student registration. Due to high volume during fall registration, updates in the fall may be delayed more than one week. Contact the main office of the school your child attends to make any corrections to personal data. Household update forms are also available via the district website.
- High School Attendance: Attendance is recorded every period. Excuse codes and updates are entered later in the school day. Office requires 3-5 days to resolve attendance issues.
- Middle School Attendance: Attendance is recorded every period. Excuse codes and updates are entered later in the school day. Office requires 3-5 days to resolve attendance issues.
- Class Schedule: Available online for parent/student to print. Shows all courses the student will take in the current school year. You can check assignments and email staff from this screen.
- Grades: Can change daily depending on when staff enters scores. Detailed assignment scores are available online 24/7.
E. Electronic Web Access Agreement: Parents
At school, each parent/guardian must complete and sign an Electronic Web Access Agreement: Viewing Student Information via BCS Infinite Campus Portal. After verification of information on the form, the school will follow the process outlined in this regulation to establish an account. If a parent/guardian is unable to visit the school, they may download the Electronic Web Access Agreement. The parent/guardian must have the form certified by a notary public and mail the completed and signed form with the notary public seal and current date to their child’s school. The school will keep all completed and signed forms on file.
Each parent – unless he/she is a district employee – will create a unique login username of 6-10 characters. Parents who are also BCS employees must use the same username for the Parent Portal as they use for their Campus staff account. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and use a combination of letters and numbers or symbols. Parents will need only one login for all children/all schools.
F. Electronic Web Access Agreement: Students
At school, students (grade 6-12) must complete and sign an Electronic Web Access Agreement: Viewing Student Information via BCS Infinite Campus Portal. After verification of information on the form, the school will follow the process outlined in this regulation to establish an account. Students will receive their Student Portal access codes at school. The school will keep all completed and signed forms on file. Students will log in using their network user account and password.
G. Use of the System
Parents/guardians and students are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents/guardians and students will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or district’s data or networks.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to access Information or accounts assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians and students will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parents/guardians and students who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians and students will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren). If a student loses his/her login information, the parent/guardian will instruct the student to visit the main office.
- Parents/guardians and students will not set their computer to automatically login to the Internet site using a “Remember My Password” feature.
- Parents/guardians and students identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
H. Security Features
- Access to Infinite Campus is made available with a secure Internet site.
Note: Account holders are responsible for keeping their passwords private and to properly protect or destroy any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
- Five unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact his/her child’s school.
- Users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time
- The student’s account will be inactivated when the student withdraws or graduates from BCS or if user has been found to be in violation of the district’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- The parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all of their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from BCS, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
Section II: System Requirements and Support:
A. System Requirements
- The most current system requirements will be posted to the BCS Infinite Campus Web site available at http://www.bulloch.k12.ga.us. BCS is responsible for ensuring that district-owned systems are up-to-date. BCS is NOT responsible for providing new equipment, replacement equipment, personal computer technical support, or system upgrades to systems not owned by the District.
B. Tech Support for Portal Users
- The district will provide online instructions/help sheets on the district website: http://www.bulloch.k12.ga.us
- The district will provide a Contact Us Form to handle parent/student tech support questions.
- The district will offer telephone support at each school for issues concerning student information or procedures. Callers will leave their name, phone number, the best time to contact, and a description of the problem. Callers will not leave password information on voicemail.
C. Limitation of School District Liability
The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice.
- The BCS will use reasonable measures to protect student Information from unauthorized viewing.
- The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District's system or Internet.
- The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student Information.
- The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or student that would cause compromise of their student Information.
- The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice. By requesting an Internet site for viewing student Information, parents/guardians and students of the district automatically consent to electronic monitoring when on the district’s network.
Section III: Portal Access and Use:
A. Initial Account Request and Setup
- For parents/guardians new to the District or who do not currently have an Internet access account but have a child already enrolled:
- When parent/guardians are enrolling their child(ren), the parent/guardians will complete the Electronic Web Access Agreement: Viewing Student Information via BCS Infinite Campus Portal.
- The parent/guardians only need to complete one Parent Electronic Web Access Agreement form for all children in their household. The school will keep the completed and signed form on file.
- For security reasons, all parent/guardians must sign the form in the presence of a school principal, school secretary, or other designated school official.
- School will verify parent/guardians identification via official government identification. (*Accepted forms of Photo ID are a driver license, state-issued non-driver ID, valid passport, or military photo ID. Unaccepted forms of ID are a birth certificate, library card, expired passport, expired license, expired non-driver ID, social security card, or credit card.)
- After the student is enrolled into the student information system, the parent/guardian requesting the account may pick up their activation key at their child' local school as indicated on the Parent Portal Request Form.
- The activation key is used by the parent/guardians to create their secure account.
- Schools will utilize the user-created security question to verify a user requesting an account unlock.
- For Schools:
- The activation key will not be given to a parent/guardian or student without first verifying the identity of the requestor.
- The Electronic Web Access Agreement: Viewing Student Information via BCS Infinite Campus Portal forms signed by parents and/or students will be kept on file in the District.
B. Account Unlock Procedures
- Parents/Guardians/Students may request by email or phone to have their account unlocked.
- Account Unlock Via Email: To request an account unlock, user will complete the Contact Us Form and provide his/her full name, child's name, child's date of birth, child's school location and security question from his/her signed Portal Agreement form.
- Account Accessibility:
There may be times when the Campus Portal will not be accessible due to maintenance or other unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the BCS.