Bulloch County Bus Garage
219 Simons Road
Statesboro, GA 30458
Department of Transportation
"Bus Drivers ... the Driving Force in Education"
How to Become a Bulloch County Bus Driver
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Bulloch County School System Bus Driver. The steps to becoming a bus driver are listed below. Please contact the Transportation Department Safety Coordinator, Elizabeth Byrd, at 912-212-8645 for additional information. Your application will be reviewed and IF SELECTED, you will be notified by mail. Once you receive notification that you have been selected for training, you will need to do the following:
PRIOR to coming to class, you wil
PRIOR to coming to class, you will need to do the following:
- You must have a Commercial Driver License B-Permit Endorsement before you attend the bus driver training class. The Department of Transportation will have a study class to prepare applicants to take the CDL tests. (Please see the Transportation Calendar for dates and times.) This study class will be held at the Department of Transportation office at 219 Simons Road.
- Obtain a Motor Vehicle Record (7 years) from the Department of Driver Services located on Highway 301 North. Bring both the MVR-7 and a copy of your drivers license when you report to the study class. Note: If you have more than five points on your driving record, you will not be allowed to take the class.
- Call the Department of Transportation (912-212-8645) prior to the study class to inform Elizabeth Byrd that you will be attending. No walk-ins.
- Sit for the three-day CDL study class.
- Take the CDL tests at the Department of Driver Services. You must take a social security card, birth certificate or marriage license. The cost for taking these tests is approximately $50, plus $10 for each retest required.
Once the CDL has been obtained: Once the CDL has been obtained:
Once the CDL has been obtained:
Being a school bus driver can be a very rewarding part-time job. The current starting salary for the five hour position is over $12.00 per hour and includes a very good benefit package. We look forward to working with you to help you join our Team!
***All Bulloch County bus drivers must pass a drug/alcohol test, medical exam and a criminal background check prior to employment.***
The Bulloch County Schools Transportation Department does not discriminate or the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in the hiring process.
CDL Prep Class (9:00am -12 noon)
♦ Attend this if you DO NOT have a CDL License
CDL Prep Class ( 9am -12pm)
April 21, 22 & 23, 2015
Mandatory Driver Training Class (8:30am - 3:30pm)
Mandatory Driver Training Classes (8:30am - 3:30pm)
May 4-8, 2015